The PADI Tec 45 course is the second part of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver program.
You’ll extend your depth limit to 45 metres/145 feet and learn to plan and execute repetitive decompression dives using a single stage/decompression cylinder. It puts you in a complete tec diving rig, which can be either backmount or sidemount.
You’ll also make accelerated decompression dives using EANx or pure oxygen. This is a course where you’ll rise to the challenge and make the commitment to become a technical diver.
You will learn:
- The skills and equipment and planning need to dive to a maximum of 45 metres.
- The knowledge to plan and execute single and repetitive decompression dives using a single stage cylinder of EANx or oxygen to accelerate or add conservatism to the decompression stops.
- Prepare for and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies.
- Master the basic skills and procedures you’ll need as you move into deeper technical diving
PADI Tec 45 Course Description
The Tec 45 course consists of four dives which take place over 2 days plus one theory session.
Before the theory session, you will need to read through the Tec 45 section of the PADI TecRec Tec Deep Diver manual and completed the Knowledge Review. Your Instructor will then review the information with you prior to your dives.
Your Tec 45 training consists of three knowledge development sections, three practical application sessions and four open water dives. Building on what you learned in the Tec 40 course, you focus on the function and maintenance of tec diving equipment and associated issues. You continue fine-tuning gas planning and calculating accelerated decompression stops. Plus, you learn to think like a technical diver.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Be certified as a PADI Tec 40 diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organization similar to that of a PADI Tec 40).
- Be certified as a PADI Rescue Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organization similar to that of a PADI Rescue Diver).
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, of which at least 12 were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres.
- Have a medical form signed by your doctor.
PADI TecRec Video
- Course tuition
- Course manual
- Equipment rental – wing, twinset & stage cylinder
- First gas fill
What’s Not Included
- Transport (we will do our best to arrange lifts if needed)
- Standard equipment hire
- Entrance to dive site
- Subsequent gas fills
- Accommodation (if necessary)
The NDAC (Chepstow)
Tec 40 + Tec 45
Tec 40 , Tec 45 + Tec 50
For Packages, Options and Discounts
Including Sidemount, Tec 45 and Tec 50 etc…