Dive free and streamlined, learn to dive sidemount.
Having scuba tanks on your back isn’t a requirement for exploring the underwater world. Many scuba divers have discovered the joy of mounting cylinders on their sides.
Sidemount diving gives you flexibility and streamlining options. Plus, you don’t have to walk with heavy cylinders on your back – just enter the water, clip them on and go.
PADI Sidemount Diver Course Description
The Sidemount Specialty consists of one evening pool session and three open water dives.
Before the dives you will need to read through the Sidemount Diver Manual and complete the Knowledge Reviews. Your Instructor will then review the information with you at the dive site prior to your dives.
The information covered will include:
- Properly assemble and configure sidemount scuba diving equipment.
- Trim your weight system and sidemount gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
- Manage gas by switching second stages as planned, if wearing two cylinders.
- Respond correctly to potential problems when sidemount diving.
The pool session can either take place at New Malden Leisure Centre on Wednesday night, Putney Leisure Centre on a Friday night.
Here you will become familiar with the specialist techniques for diving sidemount whilst in shallow water.
Open Water Dives
On the three open water dives you will gain experience using sidemount and demonstrate a number of the skills you learned in the pool session. A particular focus will be on buoyancy.
At Aquanaut we can either run the Sidemount specialty in in conjunction with the Advanced Open Water Course, or on any one of our numerous trips to Wraysbury, Vobster or Chepstow.
- Minimum 15 years of age
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organization similar to that of a PADI Open Water Diver).
PADI Sidemount Diver Video
- Course tuition
- Course Manual
- First Air Fill
- Sidemount kit setup advice
What’s Not Included
- Transport (we will do our best to arrange lifts if needed)
- Equipment Hire
- Entrance to Dive Site – (2 days at £15, payable directly to site).
- Subsequent air fills (£3.50 – £4.50 payable directly to site).
Theory: Home Study
Pool: New Malden or Putney
Open water: Wrasbury, Vobster or Chepstow
For Packages, Options and Discounts
Including Advanced Open Water, Wreck, Buoyancy, Rescue and First Aid modules etc…