The PADI Assistant Instructor (AI) course is the first step to becoming a full Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI).
Run by our in-house Course Director, James Wilkinson, the AI course runs over 5 days, or a number of evenings (the first section of the IDC), depending on the amount of candidates attending. The program includes academic, confined water and open water teaching sessions and takes you through the basics of becoming an instructor.
We run several IDCs per year, both in the UK and in Sharm El Sheikh.
Qualifying as an AI allows you to progress on to the OWSI program and allows you to teach programs like the Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty, Project Aware and also gain valuable experience conducting certain portions of the Open Water Diver Course.
PADI Assistant Instructor Course Description
This course is run over 3 to 4 days (depending on the size of the classes) or can be run over a series of evenings on flexible dates to suit you.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster
- Have a minimum of 60 logged dives with night, deep and navigation experience.
- A valid HSE Dive medical (within 12 months)
- Be current with your EFR / CPR & 1st Aid training (within the last 24 months)
34 Coombe Road,
Surrey, KT2 7AG
Anthias Divers ,
Sharm El Sheikh,
- Course tuition & mentoring throughout course
- Air Fills
What’s Not Included
- IDC Crew Pack + Student Course Materials
- EFR Instructor Manual:
- Instructor Examination Fee (payable to PADI)
- Instructor Application (payable to PADI)
- EFR Instructor application (payable to PADI)
PADI Assistant Instructor
Please note: Course prices do NOT include the Crew Pack or PADI Application Fee
For Packages, Options and Discounts
Including EFRI, Assistant Instructor, OWSI, MSDT etc….