Designed for the diver transitioning from recreational diving to technical diving. The Tec 40 course is the start of your Technical Diving adventure.
The PADI Tec 40 course is where you transition from recreational scuba diving to technical diving. It’s a great place to start because it’s the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Diver course and bridges the gap between no stop diving and full technical deep decompression diving.
You gain experience and begin building the knowledge and skills you need to continue your tec diver training. You will qualify to make limited decompression dives to 40 metres.
- Use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives with no more than 10 minutes of total decompression and not deeper than 40 metres.
- Use a single cylinder of decompression gas with up to 50% oxygen (EANx50) to add conservatism to the required decompression.
PADI Tec 40 Course Description
The Tec 40 course consists of four dives which take place over 2 days plus one theory session.
Before theory session you will need to read through the Tec 40 section of the PADI TecRec Tec Deep Diver manual and completed the Knowledge Review. Your Instructor will then review the information with you prior to your dives.
The information covered will include:
- Technical diving’s risks and responsibilities.
- Technical diving equipment, proper rigging and set up.
- Gas planning, oxygen limits and decompression planning.
- Team diving techniques and emergency procedures, such as dealing with free flows, manifold leaks and out of gas situations.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organization similar to that of a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver).
- Be certified as a PADI Enriched Air Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organization similar to that of a PADI Enriched Air Diver).
- Be certified as a PADI Deep Diver or show proof of at least 10 dives to 30 metres.
- Have a minimum of 30 logged dives, of which at least 10 were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres.
- Have a medical form signed by your doctor.
PADI TecRec Video
- Course tuition
- Course manual
- Equipment rental – wing, twinset & stage cylinder
- First gas fill
What’s Not Included
- Transport (we will do our best to arrange lifts if needed)
- Standard equipment hire
- Entrance to dive site
- Subsequent gas fills
- Accommodation (if necessary)
Day 1: Wraysbury Dive Centre, near Windsor
Day 2: TBC
Tec 40 + Tec 45
Tec 40 , Tec 45 + Tec 50
For Packages, Options and Discounts
Including Sidemount, Tec 45 and Tec 50 etc…