Run by our in-house Course Director James Wilkinson, the OWSI course runs over 4 days (the last 4 days of an IDC) and includes academic, confined water and open water teaching sessions.
This course is designed to hone your skills as a dive educator and give you a thorough understanding of how to make best use of the PADI system of diver education.
Upon successful completion of this course you will take the instructor Exams (IE). The IE is an independant evaluation of your diving and educational skills. This part of the IDC is conducted by Alex Griffin.
PADI OSWI Course Description
The OWSI introduces individual courses and how to teach them as well as elevating the teaching presentations you learned to put together in the AI Course. You will need to complete the following course components:
- Complete the full skill circuit of 24 basic scuba skills.
- Deliver presentations on parts of dive theory from the courses you’ll be qualified to teach.
- Give teaching presentations in confined water working with simulated students.
- Give teaching presentations in open water combining multiple skills with simulated students.
- Give a demonstration of a complete rescue scenario.
- Complete various workshops in the following areas: DSDs and Scuba Reviews, Adventures in Diving and Rescue and Marketing.
- Attend presentations on key areas of being a dive professional from the structure of individual courses to risk management and the business of diving.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Be certified as a PADI Assistant Instructor .
- Have a minimum of 60 logged dives (100 required to attend the Instructor Examination) with night, deep and navigation experience.
- A valid HSE Dive medical (within 12 months)
- Be current with your EFR / CPR & 1st Aid training (within the last 24 months)
34 Coombe Road,
Surrey, KT2 7AG
- Course tuition & mentoring throughout course
- Air Fills
What’s Not Included
- IDC Crew Pack + Student Course Materials
- EFR Instructor Manual:
- Instructor Examination Fee (payable to PADI)
- Instructor Application (payable to PADI)
- EFR Instructor application (payable to PADI)
PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor
Please note: Course prices do NOT include the Crew Pack or PADI Application Fee
For Packages, Options and Discounts
Including EFR, Assistant Instructor, MSDT etc….