Enriched Air Nitrox is for technical divers, right?
It’s only worth it if you want to dive deeper for longer, right?
Wrong! Enriched Air Diver course is for every diver! Yes, it does allow you to safely extend your no stop time beyond the no decompression limits for air. However, if you were to make even a short, shallow dive on enriched air you would reap the benefits.
You need to be a certified Enriched Air Diver to get enriched air fills or hire an enriched air tank.
The PADI Enriched Air Diver specialty certifies you to use Enriched Air Nitrox up to a maximum of 40% oxygen. Whilst some divers use the certification as the first step towards Technical Diving, most see it is simply a means to achieve extended no decompression limits and dive for longer, or to end their dive with less nitrogen in their body and to lower their risk of decompression illness.
PADI Enriched Air Course Description
You’ll learn why diving with air that has higher oxygen and lower nitrogen content gives you more bottom time, along with enriched air equipment considerations. During a practical session you’ll:
- Discuss managing oxygen exposure.
- Practice analyzing oxygen content in your scuba tank.
- Set your dive computer for diving with enriched air nitrox.
At Aquanaut we therefore offer this course with and without the dives, and in conjunction with other courses. Many people choose to do this course in partnership with either their Advanced Open Water or another speciality course, such as the Wreck Diver or Deep Diver.
If you own a dive computer we will also take you through how to set your computer into nitrox mode and to plan nitrox dives.
Prior to the practical session you will have completed the Enriched Air Diver E-Learning.
During the practical session you will learn to analyse the contents of your diving cylinder, marking up a cylinder and the required paperwork, and plan a series of dives using Enriched Air.
These are conducted over one day. There are no actual skills on the dive – the skill is involved in learning how to plan the dives, and how to analyse the content of your cylinder before diving.
This makes the Enriched Air course easy to combine with other PADI specialty courses.
- Minimum 12 years of age
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organization similar to that of a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver).
- If you wish to complete the optional dives you should be in relatively good health and fitness. You will need to make sure that you can answer ‘no’ to all the questions on the medical questionnaire, if not you will need medical clearance from a doctor.
PADI Enriched Air Course Video
- Course Tuition
- Enriched Air E-Learning
What’s Not Included
- Transport (we will do our best to arrange lifts if needed)
- Equipment Hire
- Entrance to Dive Site –(£10-15 payable directly to site.)
- Subsequent air fills (£2.50 – £3.50 payable directly to site).
- Cylinder hire + enriched air fills (approximately £20)
Theory: Aquanaut, Kingston
Open water (Optional): Wrasbury, Vobster, Chepstow or the coast.
Enriched Air Diver, inc. e-Learning
For Packages, Options and Discounts
Including Advanced Open Water, Wreck, Buoyancy, Rescue and First Aid modules etc…