The lure of the deep. There’s something exciting and mysterious about exploring deeper dive sites while scuba diving.
This course is designed as an introduction to deep diving and to help you develop the necessary skills, knowledge and techniques to safely participate in recreational deep diving activities.
The Deep Dive speciality will extend your max depth to 40 meters (Adv. Open Water 30 meters)
This is a real advantage if you want to explore some of the world’s most spectacular wrecks and dive sites which are located at depths just beyond 30m.
PADI Deep Diver Course Description
The Deep Specialty consists of four dives which take place over 2 days.
At your Instructor’s discretion, the deep dive from your Advanced Open Water course can be counted as one of the four dives.
Before the dives you will need to read through the Deep Diver Manual, watch the Deep Diver DVD and complete the Knowledge Reviews.
Your Instructor will then review the information with you at the dive site prior to your dives.
The information covered will include safety concepts, equipment considerations and configuration, emergency decompression, nitrogen narcosis, decompression illness.
- Minimum 15 years of age
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organization similar to that of a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver).
PADI Deep Diver Video
- Course tuition
- Course Manual
- First Air Fill
What’s Not Included
- Transport (we will do our best to arrange lifts if needed)
- Equipment Hire
- Entrance to Dive Site – (2 days at £18 – £27, payable directly to site).
- Subsequent air fills (£2.50 – £3.50 payable directly to site).
- Accommodation for Vobster / Stoney Cove (approximately £30 per head based on 2 people sharing).
Either Vobster (Somerset) or Stoney Cove.
Alternatively, you can join one of the Aquanaut holidays! Contact us for details.
For Packages, Options and Discounts
Including Advanced Open Water, Wreck, Buoyancy, Rescue and First Aid modules etc…