- Did you really make your way back to the starting point on your open water and advanced open water navigation exercises using just your compass?
- Are you about to embark on your Rescue Diver and are concerned you might not find your ‘missing diver’?
- Are you already a Rescue Diver but found the missing diver search a challenge, particularly if it was in low visibility?
The purpose of the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course is to familiarise divers with the skills, knowledge, planning, organisation, procedures, techniques, problems, hazards and enjoyment of underwater navigation.
Underwater navigation is a very important skill to learn and is vital for Rescue Divers, Divemasters and Instructors.
Here we’ll teach you not only how to do advanced navigation with a compass, but also how to use natural navigation while underwater.
PADI Underwater Navigation Course Description
You’ll learn the tools of the trade, including navigation using natural clues and by following compass headings. During three scuba dives, you’ll practice:
- Methods to estimate distance underwater.
- Compass navigation while making at least five turns.
- Marking or relocating a submerged object or position from the surface.
- Underwater map making.
- Minimum 12 years of age
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water (or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation similar to that of a PADI Open Water Diver).
- You should be in relatively good health and fitness, You will need to make sure that you can answer ‘no’ to all the questions on the medical questionnaire, if not you will need medical clearance from a doctor.
Either Wraysbury, Vobster, Somerset or the NDAC, Chepstow
- Course tuition
- Course Manual
- First fill at open water site
What’s Not Included
- Transport (we will do our best to arrange lifts if needed)
- Equipment Hire
- Entrance to Dive Sites – (2 days @ £10-£18) Payable directly to site.
- Subsequent air fills on open water dives (£2.50 – £3.50) Payable directly to site
- Accommodation for Vobster / Chepstow if applicable (approximately £30 per head based on 2 people sharing).
PADI Underwater Navigation
For Packages, Options and Discounts
Including Advanced Open Water, Wreck, Buoyancy, Rescue and First Aid modules etc…