Would you like to dive more but don’t like the idea of getting cold? If so, do you realise what you are missing out on?
The cooler waters house some of the worlds most amazing wrecks, wildlife such as basking sharks and seals, soft corals and the kelp forest – experiences you cannot find in warm water.
If you have the right exposure protection you can not only dive all year round but in the cooler waters, even the Artic. Dry suit diving gives you these opportunities.
The PADI Dry Suit Specialty will provide you with the knowledge and skills you will need to dive safely in a dry suit. You will gain experience of using a dry suit, practice the different techniques involved and explore the different considerations of owning and using a dry suit.
PADI Drysuit Course Description
The course takes 1 evening pool session and 1 day’s diving to complete.
In advance of the open water dives, you will have read through the Dry Suit Manual, completed the knowledge reviews and watched the Dry Suit DVD.
The pool session can either take place at New Malden Leisure Centre on Wednesday night, Putney Leisure Centre on a Friday night.
Here you will become familiar with the specialist techniques for diving in a dry suit whilst in shallow water.
Open Water Dives
On the two open water dives you will gain experience using a dry suit and demonstrate a number of the skills you learned in the pool session. A particular focus will be on buoyancy.
- Minimum 10 years of age
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation similar to that of a PADI Open Water Diver).
- You should be in relatively good health and fitness. You will need to make sure that you can answer ‘no’ to all the questions on the medical questionnaire, if not you will need medical clearance from a doctor.
Aquanaut Dry Suit Video
- Course tuition
- Course Manual
- Air Fills in the pool and first fill at open water site
- Dry Suit Hire for the duration of the course
What’s Not Included
- Transport (we will do our best to arrange lifts if needed)
- Entrance to Dive Site – (£10- £15 – payable directly to site).
- Subsequent air fills on open water dives (£2.50 – £3.50 payable directly to site).
Theory: Home Study
Pool: New Malden or Putney
Open water: Wrasbury, Vobster or Chepstow
Dry Suit Diver
For Packages, Options and Discounts
Including Open Water, Advanced, Buoyancy, Enriched Air, Rescue and First Aid modules etc…