The Emergency First Response Instructor course builds on your skill as an Emergency Responder and focus on developing your instructional abilities to teach these skills to others.
The Instructor course provides you with the additional training necessary to teach the Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR), Secondary Care (First Aid) and Care for Children courses. (Region-specific courses including First Aid at Work Asia Pacific and First Aid at Work Great Britain require additional training).
Through a multi-media approach of independent study, classroom sessions and practical teaching assignments, you learn to conduct Emergency First Response courses.
The instructor course covers specific goals and performance requirements for the Primary Care, Secondary Care and Care for Children courses, along with instruction on how to structure learning, the requirements of performance-based training, and your role as the instructor in the learning environment.
You also learn how to motivate students, evaluate student knowledge, present course content effectively, become proficient in developing students’ hands-on skills practice sessions, and are taught how to present an effective scenariobased learning experience.
The EFR instructor program is 2 days and is classroom based. At Aquanaut we run the program either over 2 consecutive days or 5 evenings (can be spread out to suit). If you have particular requirements we can schedule a course to suit.
Topics covered include
- Scene Safety Assessment Universal Precautions
- Communicable Disease Protection, including barrier use
- Primary Assessment
- Rescue Breathing
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Conscious and Unconscious Obstructed Airway Management
- Serious Bleeding Management
- Shock Management
- Spinal Injury Management
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training
- Injury Assessment
- Illness Assessment
- Splinting for Dislocations and Fractures
- Course Training
What’s Not Included
- Participant Manuals and DVD’s
- Instructor Manual (£75)
- Minimum age 18 years
- You must have completed adult, child and infant CPR and first aid training in the past 24 months, or a be a practicing medical professional such as a physician, Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic and Registered Nurse.
- If you do not have the required levels of training, we can arrange them for you at Aquanaut.
- You do not need to be a PADI Instructor.
34 Coombe Road,
EFR Instructor Course