Philippines – Southern Leyte & Malapascua
April 18, 2020 - May 3, 2020| £2595
After 3 amazing trips to the Philippines, we just have to return again to this exceptional diving destination to experience the pristine reefs and true biodiversity of the underwater life, big and small.
Our 2020 trip will take in the stunning reefs of Southern Leyte and the thresher sharks of Malapascua. Lynne has dived both locations and stayed at both resorts and will accompany the trip.
Southern Leyte is one of the hidden gems of the Philippines; on the little visited eastern side of the Visayas, tourism is low key, meaning the chances are you will have the whole reef to yourself and the reefs, well, they are simply stunning! It is not guaranteed, but there is a chance of seeing Whalesharks too!
Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, there are not so many resorts that have a house reef like SBSR, with pigmy seahorses, turtles and frogfish being common place. The resort is small, clean and tidy and well run by Phil and Pedro, who as enthusiastic today as they have ever been about their wonderful underwater world.
Malapascua is the only place in the world where recreational divers can predictably see thresher sharks.
The sharks come up from the deep for a clean on Monad Shoal and it is not uncommon to see several or more individuals during one dive.
Exotic Resort was the first to start diving with Thresher sharks. The dive centre has a friendly and well run operation and with six boats available, there are no issues about missing out on going anywhere! The resort is perfectly located right on the picturesque white sand Bounty beach.
Saturday, 18 April 20 – Day 1 Depart London 30kg baggage.
Sunday, 19 April 20 – Day 2 Arrive Cebu, transfer Henry Hotel, Cebu City
Monday, 20 April 20 – Day 3 Depart Cebu City, transfer to Southern Leyte
Tuesday, 21 April 20 – Day 4 to
Saturday 25 April 20 – Day 8 Southern Leyte – Sogod Bay Scuba Resort – Dive days 1 – 5
Sunday, 26 April 20 – Day 9 Depart Southern Leyte, transfer to Malapascua Exotic Resort
Monday, 27 April 20 – Day 10 to
Friday, 1 May 20 – Day 14 Malapascua – Exotic Resort – Dive days 1-5
Saturday, 2 May 20 – Day 15 Depart Malapascua, transfer to Cebu, Depart Philippines
Sunday, 3 May 20 – Day 16 Arrive London
What is included:
* International flights from London to Cebu, Philippines
* Transfers to Cebu City & 1 night Henry Hotel, Cebu City, B&B
* Transfer from Cebu to Southern Leyte
* 6 nights Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, ocean view or apartment rooms, twin share, Full board meals
* 15 day dives, inc boat, guide, tank & weights
* Transfers to Malapascua (private van & Boat)
* 6 nights Exotic Resort, Deluxe room, twin share, Full board meals
* 15 dives, inc boat, guide, tank & weights
* Transfer to Cebu (private van & Boat)
* ATOL & Travel Trust Association financial protection
* Dive Equipment, Marine sanctuary fees, alcoholic & soft drinks at resorts.
Contact Lynne at Aquanaut Scuba for more info and Registration form