- This event has passed.
Philippines – Southern Leyte & Coron
March 16 - March 31| £2895
Southern Leyte & Coron Beautiful reef & WW2 Wrecks
Southern Leyte is one of the hidden gems of the Philippines; on the little visited eastern side of the Visayas, tourism is low key, meaning the chances are you will have the whole reef to yourself, and the reefs, well, they are simply stunning! Macro life is fantastic, and you will see many special creatures. If you get lucky, a whaleshark may show their face!
Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, there are not so many resorts that have a house reef like SBSR, with pigmy seahorses, turtles and frogfish being common place. The resort is small, clean and tidy and well run by Phil and Pedro, who are as enthusiastic today as they have ever been about their wonderful underwater world.
Coron is home to 11 Japanese wrecks, sunk by the Americans in 1944. All the wrecks can be dived recreationally with the Irako being the deepest at 42m. Apart from wreck diving, Coron offers stunning scenery and a few interesting non-wreck dives like Gunters Cave and
Barracuda Lake. Coron is one of the most beautiful places in the Philippines.
Sangat Island resort is perfectly located close to the main cluster of wrecks, less than a 10 minute boat ride away. Away from the busy little town guests will certainly feel cast away in
nature on this peaceful island with its own picturesque white sand beach. The open-air bar offers superb views of the starry night sky whilst enjoying an ice cold San Miguel!
|Saturday 16 March 19 – Day 1||Depart London Gatwick, 30kg baggage.|
|Sunday 17 March 19 – Day 2||Arrive Cebu, transfer Henry Hotel, Cebu City|
|Monday 18 March 19 – Day 3||Depart Cebu City, transfer to Southern Leyte|
|Tuesday 19 March 19 – Day 4 to
Friday 22 March 19 – Day 7
|Southern Leyte – Sogod Bay Scuba Resort – Dive days 1 – 4|
|Saturday 23 & Sunday 24 March 19 – Day 8 & 9||Depart Southern Leyte, transfer to Henry Hotel, Cebu City then on to Sangat island, Coron|
|Monday 25 March 19 – Day 10 to
Friday 29 March 19 – Day 14
|Coron – Sangat Island Resort – Dive days 1-5|
|Saturday 30 March 19 – Day 115||Depart Coron, transfer to Manila, depart Philippines|
|Sunday 31 March 19 – Day 16||Arrive London Gatwick|
What is included:
* International flights from UK to Cebu, Philippines, return from Manila.
* Transfers to Cebu City and 2 night Henry Hotel, Cebu City, B&B
* Transfer from Cebu to Southern Leyte
* 5 nights Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, twin share, full board meals
* 12 day dives and 2 night dives, inc boat, guide, tank & weights
* Transfers Coron, including fastcraft ferry and domestic flight.
* 6 nights Sangat island resort, Beach or Hillside chalet, twin share, full board meals
* 15 dives, inc boat, guide, tank & weights
* Transfer to Manila, inc domestic flight
* ATOL & TTA financial protection
* Dive Equipment, Marine sanctuary fees, alcoholic & soft drinks at resorts.
*based on twin share, group size of 10 or more .
Contact Lynne at Aquanaut Scuba for more details.